Hi! I’m Miss Wise. Thanks for coming along on my journey to become money-wise and debt-free.
I’m a millennial English teacher in China who’s trying to live up to her last name. I started shredding debt in earnest on January 1, 2017. I had a couple medical bills, 3 credit card balances, undergrad loans and grad school loans totaling around $53,000. As of July 15, 2018, 25 percent of the debt has been eliminated. Yay! Only grad school loans remain.
Like many folks, I grew up with parents who didn’t impart much personal financial knowledge to me. Maybe it’s because they didn’t know much, which I understand. I created this site to chronicle my journey to financial enlightenment and provide tips and resources to other debt-saddled folks. There’s no reason why we should all make the same money mistakes.
Interesting facts about me:
- I never turn down dessert. Never!
- I’m a North Carolina native who has visited 5 out of the 7 continents.
- I can speak Spanish conversationally thanks to a semester abroad in Sevilla, Spain.
- I moved to China in September 2016.
- I sold my car back to CarMax less than 12 hours before I boarded my first flight to China, killing $11,000 in debt (not included in the $53,000 total mentioned above.)
Feel free to contact me directly at WiseWomanWallet@gmail.com with questions or comments.